The best micro-markets to invest in North Bengaluru – a burgeoning ecosystem, buoyed by commercial, industrial and Grade A residential developments.
With the inevitable migration and growth of city precincts extending to North Bengaluru, the micromarket is a veritable super-city in the making. With proposed investments worth over Rs. 1.21 lakh cr. in critical sectors and over 14,500 acres of SEZ and industrial blueprint being developed, large scale future employment opportunities and social and infrastructural welfare in the region are likely outcomes. Over time, North Bengaluru is slated to become twice the current size of Bengaluru.
Among the many micro-markets present in North Bengaluru, there is one that outshines others. Some of the key reasons which make the Jakkur-Yelahanka a compelling destination are as follows:
1. 25 mn. sq. ft. of commercial space is being developed in this region, which will generate the potential of 3 lakh new jobs (direct and indirect) in the next 5 years. A consequent outcome would also be a huge demand for residential properties in the Jakkur-Yelahanka region, leading to palpable significant price appreciation.
2. Proposed Phoenix Mall – The largest in North Bengaluru (1.8 mn. sq. ft.). Similar to the large price movement witnessed in the Whitefield region with the entry of Phoenix Mall (with an almost 30% hike in property prices in the micromarket), this large retail entry is anticipated to provide a thrust to the ecosystem in terms of direct and indirect employment, as also an enhanced social infrastructure. Capital values are also anticipated to rise significantly.
3. Seamless connectivity to the central business districts of Bengaluru: Via the Elevated corridor, Bellary Road and the upcoming PRR and Metro Rail projects, the Jakkur-Yelahanka belt is a draw for residents to migrate from other densely populated micro-markets. The abundant greens, wider and more navigable road systems, and a quick 30 minute transit to the Kempegowda International Airport are primary reasons that are compelling Bangalore residents to consider migrating or investing into a second or third home or plotted developments as a suitable entry into a future-ready market. The traffic decongestion due to the completed and the ongoing projects and the access to NH44 which connects it to the other states will further boost commercial infrastructure in the region.
4. Additionally, with Grade A developers committing to developing this region into the next super micro-market of Bangalore, buyers can choose from a plethora of Grade A options, strategically placed along the Highway and parallel feeder roads. With projects both completed and under-construction in Jakkur-Yelahanka region, a y-o-y price appreciation of 11% may be anticipated in the coming years, with the sequential completion of on-going projects (both private and government).
5. Socially live avenues are present aplenty here. Be it microbreweries such as Druid Garden for a hangout session with friends or colleagues, or the plethora of clubs around that offer ample avenues for sundowners; or the Bangalore Golf Club for teeing off early mornings. Life here is tranquil and is wonderfully reminiscent of the old charm of Bengaluru.
6. Quick domestic and international transit. Yet another compelling factor is the reasonable drive-time to the Kempegowda International Airport, a mere 30 minutes from one’s residence at Jakkur-Yelahanka. Not surprisingly, this defining micromarket in North Bengaluru has seen explosive growth in recent years. Apart from investments, North Bengaluru has also seen a rise in social welfare and public health institutions. With places such as RMZ Galleria Mall, Esteem Mall, the upcoming Phoenix mall, Jakkur have become the shopping avenue of this region. Healthcare facilities such as Motherhood Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital, Aster CMI along with educational institutions such as Vidyashilp Academy, Ryan International School, Mallya Aditi have made it a complete social-infra rich region. Manyata Tech Park and the numerous corporate offices in the region are boosting employment exponentially, creating a shift in the corporate density in Bengaluru.
7. Apart from the large committed and live infrastructural developments in North Bengaluru, the area is also gifted with lush greens and the abundance of natural beauty. Jakkur has one of the finest air quality indices in all of Bengaluru. The 1200 acre GKVK greens ensure a constant and steady supply of fresh air. There are 3 pristine lakes of North Bengaluru – Jakkur Lake, Allalasandra Lake and Puttenahalli Lake in the vicinity, which further add to the charm of this location. Take a stroll around the park or enjoy the calmness there, whatever you choose is sure to soothe your soul.
The Jakkur-Yelahanka belt is rapidly becoming a thinking end user and investor’s preferred option for a home or plotted development. The inevitability of expansion for a city which is currently home to 1.2 crore people – demands more avenues for infrastructural growth, space for industry and qualitatively rich housing creation and socially-rich infrastructure, such as educational institutions, healthcare, entertainment options – which this belt offers in abundance. It is only logical to presume the deliberate, planned and sustained growth of this region, and being the natural and conscious draw for a progressive, future-aligned population.